click A Reputation For Quality And Added Value
24/7 Legal Advice
Our 24/7 legal helpline means that we are there when you need us most.
- Recommendations – Not just options.
- Strategy and Tactics – Unlimited defence costs payable in addition to the Limit of Indemnity.
- Clear English – Without legalese or caveats
At The MPLC, our clients can call one of our specialists off the record, to discuss any issue around people and processes. In our experience, this support can bring complex matters into focus and help a client see his or her way through what may be a challenging period. There are times when there is simply no substitute for a quiet, confidential conversation with a knowledgeable expert.
Our healthcare expertise means that we can get to the heart of clinical issues very quickly, thereby ensuring that costs are not wasted in exploring irrelevant aspects of the patient’s treatment, choosing the right experts, and coming to the correct decision on handling of a claim.
Training, Education and Support
We help provide clients with the training and education they need in order to operate an effective and efficient business. This comprehensive support can include:
- Talks on current medico-legal or other healthcare matters
- Programmes of seminars and lectures, tailored to the client’s need
- Demonstrations and staff training for our online claims handling system
- Access to Kennedys’ bulletins and invitations to their events
Open Claims Review
We are able to provide clients with a professional review of a broad selection of open claims. This includes evaluating claims history and identifying any issues that may require addressing. This review will help ensure that robust systems are in place to handle claims, complaints and any adverse incidents that may impact the business.
The outcomes include:
- Brief summary of the current situation
- Our opinion on the adequacy of reserves
- Evaluation of file management strategy
- Our overall opinion on defensibility
Clinical Governance Review
Unlike generalist insurers, we have extensive first-hand experience of both healthcare and underwriting. Our team is able to carry out a detailed review of our clients’ systems and processes, from Board to ward, providing independent advice and recommendations to ensure that best practice is being followed. For healthcare institutions worldwide, effective clinical governance underpins quality and the provision of safe care.
Although a Clinical Governance Review is always tailored to the specific needs and circumstances of each client, it is likely to embrace:
- Leadership, governance and management
- Clinical risk management
- Patient and public involvement
- Staff appointment and retention issues